This week it's starting to get cold. I'm working some OT, but not as much. So I'm excited about trying some new meals!
Sunday: Pizza
It feels like it's been 3 weeks since we ate here!
Monday: BBQ Chicken, Mixed Veggies, and Red Lobster Biscuits
For the BBQ chicken, you add bbq and chicken into a crockpot and cook on low till you can't stand the smell, or about 8 hours. :-). It's a usual one and favorite one around here. I'm excited about the biscuits, I was walking around SAMs with my mom this past weekend and found those. I know hubby loves their biscuits and I love bread in general so we might as well try this!
Tuesday: Crockpot Chicken Fajitas and Spanish Rice
I've found this recipe on Pinterest and I know how much hubby loves fajitas so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm not a fan of bell peppers and onions, and truthfully in the 3 years we've been married, I've never cut an onion or a pepper, so this might prove interesting! Anyway, you layer chicken on the bottom, add a package of fajita mix, add the onions and bell peppers (I'm using red, yellow, and green) on top of the chicken, and then add the 2nd fajita package. Cook on low for 8 hours, flake and enjoy. I'm serving this with Spanish rice. Anyone wanna come over for this one?!? :-)
Wednesday: Easy Calzones and Marinara Sauce
I was watching Pioneer Woman some time ago and she made these awesome calzone looking things, and I made a mental note about them and of course went to print off the recipe right away. Well hubby and I were discussing the meals and he said pizza pockets since I stocked up on crescent rolls when I was home and was at publix this weekend.. Oh I miss that store. Anyway, I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm gonna do pepperoni and not sausage, but here is the link for her site: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/06/easy-calzones/
Thursday: Chili and Cornbread
I promise you: I have made chili probably 10 times in 3 years, and every time I've made chili, I have made it a different way! I'm in search of the perfect chili recipe! It's harder than it seems. Anyway, searching Pinterest of course, I came across this one. It seems like it doesn't have a lot of tomatoes and has the perfect blend of a kick! And you can't do chili without cornbread, thanks Jiffy! Onto the recipe. 2 lbs hamburger meat, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tsp of each: oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, 3 tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can black beans, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 can puréed tomatoes ( those are hard to find), and 1/2 large red onion (I'm using the rest from the onion with chicken fajitas). Of course you brown the meat, then add onion and garlic. Add rest of ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer for an hour covered. This is why I want this for Christmas :-) http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-761699/food-network-5-12-qt-enamel-cast-iron-dutch-oven.jsp and why weren't these popular 3 years ago when I was registering?!? Oh well!
Friday: Date Night
Not sure where we will go, but it's the start of a new month so budgets rolled over :-)
Saturday: Undecided
Maybe leftovers, maybe out, maybe sandwiches, who knows.
I'm excited to try the new recipes. Two of the recipes are cooked in the crockpot, so that makes life helpful when things are busy. Have a great week y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment