Sunday: Lenny's
We spiced it up today. We had our free sub and both hubby and I were wanting sandwiches. We got one free. Went and ordered just the two sandwiches and polished it off with an episode of Big Bang Theory and some BBQ sun chips, if you haven't tried them, you should! :-). I'll also tell you this: company's have awesome punch cards or some sort of reward based system. Get signed up for it! Pizza Hut gives you a free personal pan after you purchase 5. Lenny's, Firehouse, and Which Wich give you a free one after purchasing 9. I mean that's only 5 trips in there with you and your hubby. Something to take advantage of if you are going to be eating out a lot!
Monday: Broccoli-Ham Ring
This is a pampered chef recipe and probably another one of my faves, but hubby isn't a fan. I like it because there isn't much measuring and requires 5 ingredients: cheese (Motz and cheddar), ham, broccoli, and crescents. In a food processor chop broccoli and ham together. I normally do about 2 broccoli crowns and a half pound ham. In a bowl mix together the two cheeses till it looks like a good mix, then roll out crescents in the shape of a circle, connected the tips and kind of combining the ends a little as you go around. Pile the mixture on top, and fold over the points under the crescents. Bake at 350 for 15ish minutes till golden brown on top. I really hope you understand how that's supposed to be done..
Tuesday: French Dip Sliders & Honey Glazed Carrots
So good, but not good for a tight budget, but it does make a lot so be warned! Acquire a sirloin roast from the grocery store (these are kinda expensive, like 10 or 12$ for the 3 pound roast!) Also grab some au jus gravy package mix, Kings Hawaiian rolls, and slices of provolone cheese. In a crockpot add the roast. In a Pyrex container mix together 1 cup water and the package of au jus mix, and pour over the roast. Then the best part: leave cooking on low for 6 to 8 hours, the longer it cooks, the more tender and flaky the roast will be. Put those on Hawaiian rolls, with a quarter of the provolone cheese and enjoy! The carrots are from green giant. :)
Wednesday: Hocus Pocus or Beefy Crescent Bake
I'm thinking our theme is crescents this week! :-). This one requires spices, ground beef, Campbell's fiesta cheese soup and some cheese. First, brown up hamburger meat, drain the fat and add these spices: 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 pepper, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp dried oregano, and 1 tsp onion powder. Mix together with hamb meat. Now divide the crescents into pockets and spoon a healthy dish onto the pockets and fold over. In a dish spray with Pam and add a little bit of the soup with milk mixture. Add the pockets to them and cook, add the rest of the soup to the top of the pockets. When there is 5 minutes left add the cheese. When I'm cooking just for us I use one package of crescents and half the can of soup. You don't want it too soupy or it won't cook fully.
Thursday: Leftovers
We normally don't plan a meal with leftovers during the week, but we know that these meals are going to make leftovers. We also have bread that needs to get used up before it goes bad (oh French toast sounds like a good idea for Saturday breakfast :-)) so lunches this week will probably be PB&J :-/.
Friday: Chicken Spaghetti
I think everyone has there own way if making it. I'm making mine by flaking chicken, adding them to the spaghetti, that's been cooked. I'll also add a can of cream of mushroom and chicken, along with a can of rotel. I'll then sprinkle on some cheese on top and bake. The good news, this meal is all pantry staples I have :-) so no cost for this meal this week!
Saturday: Hasn't been planned
Might be BBQ meatballs or maybe leftover chicken spaghetti. What do you normally do for Saturday nights? We used to eat out all weekend, when we were in the boro, but here, we rarely do. Grilling out gets boring, so what do you do?
What's on your menu this week?
Have you tried any of the recipes?
What is your own favorite recipe?
Do you keep a budget for groceries, if so, what's the hardest part about sticking to it?
No comments:
Post a Comment