Sunday, September 22, 2013

Weekly Menu: Week 5 (Sept 22 to Sept 28)

Well another weekly menu! We did really good last week. Kinda fell short the weekend, but honestly when doesn't that happen? We ended up going over to friends house and bringing BBQ meatballs and she cooked perogies. Those are good!!  Also there was a draft for fantasy football, so we ate at chick fil a this week, and didn't do hocus pocus. So that's on the menu this week.  Once again we are at the end of the month and running low on grocery budget!  But eating out is actually over 50$ so I'm super impressed!  Most of these meals we have made before so I'm not going to include the how to make, you can just scroll down and find them.

Sunday: Pizza
Getting low on our gift card, so this may be ending soon.

Monday: BBQ Chicken, Mixed Veggies, and Rolls
One of our favorites which is great because all our shows come back and I get off at 7, so it's nice to know when I get home dinner will be ready and we can catch up our our 2 hours of shows for the night!

Tuesday: Hocus Pocus
Was on the menu for last week but didn't get made, so we still have everything. Yay!

Wednesday: Spaghetti and Meatballs
Easy meal and get to use up the rest of the frozen meatballs and the marina sauce that is chilling in the freezer.

Thursday: Chicken Salad
Told you this is on our menu most weeks! It's easy, healthy, and super delicious!

Friday: Date Night
We really haven't decided on this yet, but I do know there is a BOGO Pei Wei coupon that we might use tonight or Saturday.

Saturday: Really not sure, ideas?

This is what our meals look like towards the end of the month.  Our budget is dwindling down, and most of our stockpile food is used up.  So I start planning meals of things we have on hand.  This week we spent less than 15$ on groceries for the week, and most of that was lunch items, not items for dinner.  I guess when you run out, you run out of everything :-).

 I'll tell ya this, having a stockpile of most foods is a great thing.  I loved knowing I got the items at the lowest price, and got a lot of them.  Mixed veggies, hamburger meat, chicken, rolls, beans, and spaghetti are several items I've stocked up on that we will have to do again soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment